The difference between success and failure of a business often lies in the way they handle their customers. Customer service is the linchpin for any organisation. Measuring it accurately, effectively and with realtime information is the key to meet customer’s demands. Every customer issue is a chance to please them and show your customers that you care. Top companies in the world like are focused in improving their customer service across all touch points.
A look at some of the key questions that companies fail to answer with realtime data & information:
Are your customers happy with your products & services?
What is the average time for you to close a high priority customer issue?
What is the percentage of escalations which breached the Service Level Agreement?
Which products & issues are frequently raised by the customers?
Has your customer service improved since last year?
Who are your best performing agents?
Help desk solution creates a system where customer complaints can be gathered, attended to and resolved with realtime data. It helps a company to track its valuable customers and the problems they face. It also helps them to see how they are performing in servicing their customers. Customers today expect companies to respond immediately to the issues raised by them. They need instant communication, status updates and quick resolutions. Tracking customer complaints, assigning it to agents, monitoring their status & taking feedback from customers can be effectively done with a good help desk system.
Help desk automation allows an organisation to:
1. Improve Customer Service : All the interactions with the customer are recorded, tracked and monitored. The automatic notifications and triggers are set-up to ensure proactive communication. The customer issues are escalated to management on top priority and their resolution status is proactively communicated to the clients.
2. Resolve Customer Escalations faster : The helpdesk system automates the way the complaints are handled and assigned. It creates notifications and alerts depending on the priority of the issues. The service level agreements are also monitored and any breach is immediately notified to the management. It helps in improving response and resolution time for customer issues.
3. Handle Priority Escalations : The customer issues are handled on priority basis as per their Service level agreement and severity of the problem. The overdue customer problems and unresolved tickets are also notified to the authorities to ensure cases on priority basis.
4. Use Help Desk Analytics : With the collection of help desk data; the product & feature analysis can be done. The most important customer features can be highlighted. The improvement areas in products and features can also be figured out with help desk analytics. The feedback from customers is analysed and insights are delivered to engineer improved products.
5. Manage Multi-channels : The customer expects to communicate with an organisation on different channels of their choice. Some prefer calling, others want a web interface where they can log issues and few of them also engage through social media or emails etc. Managing all these channels for customer issues and having them on an integrated system helps to organise things better.
6. Track Customer Ratings & Feedback : When the client issues are resolved, an automated email & communication with the customer is important to take the feedback. A help desk solution provides management of the client ratings and feedback. The feedback is shared with key people in the organisation frequently.
7. Reports & Customisations : An organisation which has multiple organisations across geographies, complex products & requires specialised modules can be best served with a custom help desk solution. Such solutions can be developed to automate existing processes with more efficiency. The reporting system should also be configurable and completely dynamic to cover use cases as per clients needs. A good help desk solution presents not only the reports, but hidden insights based on the data.
8. Chat, Voice & Video Support : Global businesses are common today. Companies want to use the best in class products, even if it means dealing with a remotely based organisation. A chat tool with capabilities to provide voice, video calling and conferencing support is very helpful in such scenarios. The agents can attend calls from customers on these tools and also have a video conference to provide customer support.
9. Manage Agents, Staff & Workloads : Automated ticket management involves assignments of cases to different agents. These tools are also effective in managing workloads, calculating the velocity of work to ensure progress.
10. Improve Customer Communication : The history of communication with clients is maintained on help desk system. It helps agent to know the latest updates. All communications and documents are centralised. When there is an agent handoff in case of multiple locations, these things become easier to track. The flow of information, agent alerts and escalation management improves customer communication too.
Great companies are built by delighting customers. Help desk solution is a way to solve the problems of the clients in a proactive manner. These tools help to streamline communication between client, organisation and the agents. They also help to effectively cut down time to solve client issues by efficient management of resources. A good Help desk solution can help you to build trust, customer loyalty and service excellence.